In conjunction with the Board, the Chief Executive Officer’s Office is responsible for leading the development and execution of UK Athletics’ strategy, ensuring its alignment to the ‘An Athletics Nation’ document – being the vision for the sport of Athletics in the UK as agreed by all five athletics governing bodies (“the Athletics Vision”).
To provide leadership to the senior management team, by overseeing the overall management of the organisation’s operational processes, ensuring that UKA is effective and efficient as a National Governing Body for the sport of athletics in the UK.
The following two specific functions are incorporated in the CEO’s office due to their importance:
- Leading on the development, delivery and evaluation of an integrated corporate communications strategy.
- Provide strategic guidance and tactical solutions for all internal communications. This includes managing all communications activity in relation to implementation of change/continual improvement as well as other communications aimed as embedding our values.
- Provide strategic communication guidance and direction on all matters externally regarding reputation management, the media, stakeholders, partners and the public.
- Ensure that the UKA brand is represented accurately and promoted successfully.
- More information on communications and media can be found here
Chief Medical Adviser
- Develop and lead the UK Athletics (UKA) Clinical Governance Strategy that includes quality assurance, reporting, compliance and audit processes across sport medicine and related practices in other disciplines within performance.
- Liaise with external agencies both domestically and internationally to ensure UKA compliance with highest standards of medical
- Advise the Chief Executive, Technical Director (Performance), Development Director and Board on issues relating to quality, assurance and compliance across the sport and medical strategy outside elite performance.
You can make any enquiries regarding the CEO’s Office, by sending an enquiry to the relevant below email address: