About the UK Members Council
The UK Members Council has a key role to act as conduit for the views of the various stakeholders of Athletics in the UK.
It is consulted on the development of the strategy for the sport, debates significant issues relating to Athletics, acts as a ‘sounding board’ for the Board and the wider executive providing constructive challenge and advisory opinions.
It acts as a an ambassador to disseminate the Company’s strategic vision, helping to ensure that all stakeholders understand and support a shared vision for the development of Athletics.
To ensure that the activities of UK Athletics are endorsed by the sport as a whole, the UK Members Council consists of:
- A President and Vice President
- a representative from each of the four National Associations
- three club representatives, one of whom will represent clubs without a track and field section, to ensure the full breadth of clubs has a voice
- one person each representing coaching, officials, and road running
- any Briton currently serving as an IAAF Council Member
- and up to two additional members, selected by the above for their expertise, ideally with experience of being an international athlete
- Follow this link to view a list of Council members
- To view minutes from the UK Members Council Meeting, click on the following: 2017 onward, 2013-2016 and 2008-2013.