What are Youth Advisors?
Youth Advisors are young people under the age of 25 who like athletics. They don’t have to be involved in athletics but wish to improve the sport, for all. They do this by giving their opinions on all sorts of issues about the sport (via email) and we then use this information to improve athletics.
How does it work?
When you sign up to be a Youth Advisor you will be entered into a mailing list and will every so often receive a question about your experiences in athletics. Answering questions are optional but your responses have the ability to influence the sport, the way it is delivered, works and looks. This may improve competitions, clubs or the coverage of athletics on the television. It is that simple!
Is it worth it?
If having an influence to change the sport for the better isn’t enough, every time you answer a question you will be entered in a draw to receive a prize!
Summary – So why become a Youth Advisor?
- Help shape the future of athletics
- Share your voice
- Have your opinions valued
- Optional questions
- What content would you like to see on the youth section of our website?
- Which athlete would you like to see compete at the Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games?
- What would you like to see in the Fan Zone at British Athletics events?
To become a Youth Advisor, download the application form here.