Responsible To: Club Chair
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every athlete and treat everyone equally, regardless of background or ability.
- Place the welfare and safety of the athlete above the development of performance.
- Encourage and guide athletes to accept and take responsibility for their own behaviour and performance.
- Be appropriately qualified and update your licence and education as and when required by UK Athletics.
- Ensure that the activities you guide or advocate are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience and ability of the individual athlete.
- At the outset, clarify with the athletes (and where appropriate their parents or carers) exactly what is expected of them and what athletes are entitled to expect from you.
- Co-operate with other officials, competition organisers, coaches, team managers etc. in the provision of fair and equitable conditions for the conduct of athletic events under the relevant rules of the competition, thereby offering all participants every opportunity to achieve their own personal goals and aspirations.
- Act in a decisive, but friendly, manner in their interaction with other officials, competitors, coaches and spectators, respecting the rights of others.
- Consistently promote positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play) and never condone rule violations or the use of prohibited or age-inappropriate substances.
- Consistently display high standards of behavioural and appearance.
- To attend all meetings.
- To inform the chairman in advance of an meetings that cannot be attended.