The programmes are as follows:
SAFEGUARDING IN ATHLETICS TIER 1
This course provides an understanding of what safeguarding is within athletics.
The purpose of the course is to:
- raise your awareness of the importance of Safeguarding
- help you to recognise indicators of safeguarding concern
- deal with concerns of abuse, disclosures and reporting procedures
- show you how to take action if you know or suspect that a child, young person or vulnerable adult needs help
- promote good practice in your setting and create a safer environment
This course provides the required safeguarding training for Coaching Assistants, Leaders & Officials.
SAFEGUARDING IN ATHLETICS TIER 2
The Safeguarding training that you will receive builds on the content from the online course that you have already completed. It provides the opportunity to discuss safeguarding scenarios within the sport, making this learning current and relevant to your coaching environment. It will:
- Help you to recognise the forms of abuse
- Raise awareness of the barriers to recognition and reporting abuse/poor practice
- Help to identify good/poor practice
- Identify the mechanisms for reporting abuse and poor practice, using athletics-based scenarios
This training is a combination of face-to-face (via zoom), and an online self-paced module and multiple-choice questionnaires. This course provides the required safeguarding training for coaches at Athletics Coach, Coach in Running Fitness, Event Group & Level 2 and above.
For assistance in accessing this module please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.