1st September 2021
COMPETITION WORKING GROUP - Endurance Subgroup Expressions of Interest Sought
The Competition Working Group created as one of the Working Groups under the Athletics Unified strategy, is now ready to establish the Endurance Subgroup to provide a joined up and collaborative approach to competition provision across all Endurance & Off-Track disciplines in respect of competition structure, calendar, licensing and technology.
Expressions of interest are sought from individuals who would like to join the group representing the following disciplines; track, cross country, race walking, mountain, fell, trail and ultra as well as mass participation road racing.
Those interested in joining the group are encouraged to submit their expression of interest by 30th September. Those appointed will be notified commencing 11th October with the first meeting scheduled for Tuesday 19th October.
The Subgroup will be responsible for
- ENSURING STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP WORKING ACROSS THE ENDURANCE & OFF-TRACK DISCIPLINES
- WORKING IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE APPROPRIATE ADVISORY AND/OR MANAGEMENT GROUPS OVERSEE THE COMPETITION ELEMENT OF THE UKA DISCIPLINE SPECIFIC STRATEGY.
- IN CONJUNCTION WITH UKA PERFORMANCE COLLEAGUES DEFINING THE STRUCTURE/FRAMEWORK NEEDED TO SUPPORT ALL STAGES OF THE PERFORMANCE PATHWAY
- IN CONJUNCTION WITH HCAFS DEFINING THE APPROPRIATE STRUCTURES, TO UNDERPIN THE PERFORMANCE PATHWAY COMPETITION STRUCTURE.
- IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE HCAF’S, ENSURING AN ALIGNED PROVISION FOR CLUB PARTICIPATION AND TALENT PATHWAY ATHLETES IS IN PLACE
- ENSURING THAT KEY DOMESTIC ENDURANCE COMPETITION SERIES ARE ALIGNED TO THE PERFORMANCE AND TALENT STRATEGY ACROSS THE UK.
- OVERSEEING A ROLLING FOUR-YEAR CALENDAR INCLUDING THE POSITIONING OF BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIPS AND/OR SELECTION TRIALS, LIAISING WITH NOMINATED MEMBERS OF THE COMPETITION WORKING GROUP TO SUPPORT THE INTEGRATION OF THE CALENDAR ACROSS ALL ATHLETICS DISCIPLINES.
- SUPPORTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE ‘GOLDEN THREAD EVENT’ SERIES TO UNDER PIN CHAMPIONSHIP PREPARATION.
- REVIEWING, DEVELOPING AND RECOMMENDING IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE LICENSING SUBGROUP LICENSING STANDARDS, PROCESSES, AND GOVERNANCE TO SUPPORT THE COMPETITION STRUCTURE, CALENDAR, QUALITY OF COMPETITION AND PARTICIPANT EXPERIENCE.
- REVIEWING, DEVELOPING AND RECOMMENDING ON MEDICAL PROVISION STANDARDS AT EVENTS AND COMPETITION.
- INPUTTING INTO THE REVIEW AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE TECHNOLOGY THAT WILL IMPROVE THE EFFICIENCY OF COMPETITION DELIVERY AND PARTICIPANT EXPERIENCE.
- PROVIDING A CO-ORDINATED APPROACH TO LAND ACCESS POLICY ISSUES SO THAT THE SPORT CAN SPEAK WITH A SINGLE AMPLIFIED VOICE.
- PROVIDING A CO-ORDINATED APPROACH TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT AND DELIVERY OF SUSTAINABILITY POLICIES.
For more information on the Competition Working Group is available here